The Simple Things in Life

Home Sweet Home at last. Its hard to appreciate the beauty thats all around you when you live with it everyday. After seeing different countries and visiting so manty airports I'm relieved to finally be home, empty my suit case and see all the people I love and longed for while I was away. I had an amazing experience and came out of it with new eyes for the world around me.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Hodonin, Czech Republic


We stayed with Elise's Family in the town of Hodonin. The Barta family were amazing hosts and with what English they knew made us feel right at home and translated absolutly everything for us which must have been quite painful for them but incredibly amazing for us.

Martin and Pepe- Picking plums and avoiding the thousands of wasps swarming the ripe fruit, to make a special Czech 'spirit'.




The Hodonin City Hall - The tall pole in front was a town tradition. On the top were branches of a tree decorated with tinsel and ribbon, the citizens of the town dressed up in traditional Czech clothing and danced around the pole to protect it from being chopped down by another town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home